Wednesday 28 May 2014

Street Art in Melbourne #7 Brunswick miscellaneous

Laneway off Sydney Road near Union Street
Brunswick seems to have taken over from Fitzroy as the Melbourne suburb that is home to bohemian students and artists.  It offers a wealth of fascinating street art.  Some beautiful.  Some fun.  Some full of both beauty and humour.

Laneway off Sydney Road near Union Street (yes they are real 'vintage' mobile phone cases)

Wilson Street

Upfield train line

Upfield train line


Barkly Square

corner of Ewing and Weston Streets

Upfield train line

While I am taking a blog break, I am sharing some photos of street art that I have taken over the last few months.  I will return with more food posts in June.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you're having a great blog break! And hehe at the vintageness of those phones. They don't look that old! :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wilson Street, how lovely.
    Hope your still on holiday and having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mobile phone cases - and the two wee children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I would spend forever walking up and down these streets admiring the artwork. My favourites are the two children and the sheep/explorer/shepherd one. Intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Barkly Square one! Looking forward to having you back in June!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Johanna, I am enjoying all your street art series, it’s really nice to read and be in awe with something different rather than food. I’m glad you’re sharing all the beautiful street arts in Melbourne, I’m amazed about the numbers of street arts out there. Well done, Melbourne, I must visit you! My favorites are: the vintage mobile phone case ‘flower’, the meowing kitty sitting on the girl’s shoulder (so cute!), a monkey taking off with a banana (hilarious!) and I absolutely love train lines, I find them fascinating. I look forward to having you back in June, have a marvelous weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)