Wednesday 14 May 2014

Street Art in Melbourne #3 Fitzroy

It seems that there is no name for this lane on the map.  It is between Cecil St, Brunswick St, Fitzroy St and Alexandra Parade.  The street art is a mixture of darkness and fun.  I loved seeing a few characters from my childhood.  I took the photos between bursts of rain so you might notice the overcast hues.








While I am taking a blog break, I am sharing some photos of street art that I have taken over the last few months.  I will return with more food posts in June.

8 comments:

  1. Do you know if the taggers had permission from the property owner? Some do and some don't, at least in the places I know about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi mae - I regret to say that I don't know anything about the artists - my guess would be that some have permission and some don't.

      Delete
  2. I love that this lane doesn't even have a name, and yet it is jam packed with art. Melbourne is like that I suppose - and what a great place it is for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great bunch of art, and photos. I love the way a good mural can brighten up an otherwise unassuming street.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Scooby Doo art. This is a great way to liven up a dull or shabby part of town xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow - what fabulous street art. I don't often venture to this part of town, but it would be fun to see these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love colourful street art and Melbourne has no shortage of it that's for sure! What an interesting lane way :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer names for the lanes so I can check them out again but I guess they are meant to be secretive lanes! I like a mixture of darkness and fun, that woman shooting an alien was hilarious (looks Asian though)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)