|My favourite salad sandwich|
This is a salad sandwich I have been making since I lived in share houses. I learned to make it in a sandwich bar job and when volunteering for a food co-op. I have always enjoyed making multiple sandwiches for whoever is about. Once warm weather hits in spring I crave this sort of sandwich.
|Coconut bacon sandwich|
I love new ideas in a sandwich. It is a great way to give new life to leftovers. Nut roasts, burgers, vegetarian sausages, dips, pates, cheese all give a sandwich a substance that pairs well with salad, avocado, chutney, pesto, and other vegies.
- Almond feta, roast pumpkin and fried tofu bacon with cabbage
- Avocado, coleslaw, fried vegie sausages, sliced tomato and tofu 'cheese' spread
- Avocado, grated carrot, sun dried tomato, tofurky and mayonnaise
- Avocado, peanut butter, tomato, spinach and corn chips
- Bangers and mash sandwich - Pea pate, mashed potato, sliced cherry tomatoes and cold grilled vegetarian sausages.
- Caramelised walnuts, Pesto, pear, and blue cheese
- Chickpea, walnut and cranberry salad sandwich with avocado dressing
- Coconut bacon, tomato and avocado
- Hummus, crushed quinoa balls, grated carrot and home made soy cheese (top photo)
- Marinated smoked tofu, roast cabbage and beetroot chutney
- Mock tuna salad, avocado and spinach
- Nut roast, lettuce, tomato, carrot, swiss cheese, and vegan mayonnaise
- Sweet potato pate, guacamole and chutney
|Old Kraft advertisement from Scienceworks|
Many of these sandwiches are ones I have been eating since I was a child. These aren't fancy but I will make them when I want something quick and easy. I was never a PB&J sandwich - it isn't an Australian tradition. I am not much of a sweet sandwich person.
- Peanut butter (one of my favourite and easiest sandwiches)
- Vegemite and cheese
- Vegemite and walnuts (crush walnuts with the back of a fork)
- Baked beans
- Peanut butter, avocado and tomato
- Apple and sultanas
- Sweet potato, cheese and chutney
- Sliced cold veggie sausage, cheese and chutney