Thursday 22 January 2009

Beat the heat with fruit salad

It is hot, I am tired and our internet connection at home has been down all week. So blogging has been slow with just managing to catch a bit of time at lunchtime at work. I also have a new camera which should be a good thing in the long run but we are still getting to know each other right now.

So I thought that I would quickly post on one of my joys this summer – fruit salads! This one was made this week when it was 41 C and it tasted so good. Hot weather makes me crave fresh fruit and we are truly spoilt in Melbourne. The raspberries were a bit tart but I love them. However I think other berries would be good in this little bowl of happiness. And now back to work!

Pine-Berry Fruit Salad
serves 4

½ pineapple, trimmed and cut into chunks
125g raspberries (or other berries)
Handful of cherries, pitted
Handful of red grapes
Juice of ½ an orange
1 tsp honey (or agave nectar)

Mix and enjoy!

Update 4/2/09 - will not blog my latest fruit salad but am recording it so I remember - even better than this one - ½ pineapple, 1 nectarine, 1 kiwi fruit, 1 passionfruit - chopped and mixed up - serves about 2 -3 people. - delish!

On the stereo:
Roaring Days: Weddings, Parties, Anything

9 comments:

  1. Sounds just wonderful. And while I can't say I'm jealous of 41C, a bit more warmth than we've got (it was -35C with the wind chill today and we got 15 cm. more snow on the weekend)sure would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ricki - I can't even imagine all that wind chill and snow - hope you are keeping warm inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer fruit salads are the best thing, and I am jealous of your hot weather Im always cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. -35 is pretty impressive too - we're just hovering around 0... still not really warm enough for fruit salad although that looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm craving summer! It's been an especially harsh winter this year in Canada. What a gorgeous salad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Flower - you would definitely warm up in this weather (as long as you kept out of the air conditioned buildings!)

    thanks Rachel - hope you are bearing up with the cold ok - zero sounds cold enough to me to want to stay indoors by the fire

    Thanks Lisa - I can see you are keeping the cold out with lots of warm soups but hope you might get some fruit salad weather later in the year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, your fruit salad sounds so lovely and uplifting! Just look at those gorgeous berries! Yum!

    (could you send some of your warm weather our way, and maybe I could send some of our cool weather your way? A sort of temporary weather swap? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks as though you're getting good results with the new camera already! Your salad looks lovely - I'm a sucker for summer fruits too, though they seem like a very long way away for us just now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Astra - they are forecasting 4 days of 40 C in a row this week so I think I will willing swap a bit of heat for cold!

    thanks Lysy - this is the old camera - still have a few posts outstanding with old photos and feeling a bit uncertain about new camera but hope it will help (esp with lighting)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love hearing from you. Please share your thoughts and questions. Annoyingly the spammers are bombarding me so I have turned on the pesky captcha code (refresh to find an easy one if you don't like the first one)